Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how VSC is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
If you have questions, read through the information and reach out to us via email or phone. You can reach VSC Parent Coordinator Alanna MacLeod-Bluver at 914-712-8734 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LATEST UPDATE with STUDENT SCHEDULE
DOE Information Pages
For the most up-to-date information released from the NYC Department of Education (DOE), visit https://www.schools.nyc.gov/.
For specific information regarding health and safety measures in all DOE schools, visit: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020/health-and-safety.
August 3, 2020 Letter from the NYC DOE Chancellor Carranza:
August 17, 2020 Update from DOE Chancellor
Learning Bridges Program – Survey Sign-Up
Please complete this survey (Open external link)to express interest in the Learning Bridges program, which will provide child care options for children from 3-K through 8th grade this fall for days when they are not in school buildings.
Visit the DOE site for more information: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/enrollment-help/learning-bridges
Learning Options for Students
All students and families within DOE schools have two learning options to choose from for September 2020 and the restart of school.
- Option 1: 100% Remote Learning. This will look a lot like the spring remote learning model. Opt in to have your child learn 100% remotely (all online, from home, all interactions with teachers and fellow students will be online).
- Option 2: Blended Learning Model. Your child can follow the school’s schedule, a mix of in-person days at school and remote learning days from home. Our school will be in touch about our schedule and programming plans in the coming weeks.
Take time to discuss with your family what would be the best option for you. We are here to answer questions and discuss what changes will be in place at VSC to ensure the safety and health of all. You can reach VSC Parent Coordinator at Alanna MacLeod-Bluver at 914-712-8734 or reach out to us through email. As more information becomes available, we will post it here and send it out through email.
Fill out the official learning preference survey from the DOE by August 7th.
Please check back as more information is released! We will do our best to keep you updated as the plans are formed.
Student Schedule and Model for 2020-2021 School Year
Information for the School Year
First Day of School is September 16th!
The first day of school is September 16, for ALL students. September 16-18 school will happen ONLINE for all students as part of an orientation to the new school year. Students will meet their teachers and fellow classmates online. Stay tuned for more information. If you and your child opted for Blended Learning, the first day of in-person class, according to their Cohort Group will be September 21st. Please see the attached document regarding A/B Group days.
- Blended: Your child will be in one of two cohorts (A or B). Find the days they are supposed to come to school on the attached document or at our website here: https://vscschool.org/2020/08/04/covid-response-plan/
- Remote Learners (Fully remote): Students may have received schedules in the mail over the past week. Your students will be learning every day online, starting September 16th.
All students regardless of choosing a fully remote schedule or in-person blend will have school everyday.
Student VSC Email
All students at VSC have their own personal email account. This is a Google Account for email and Google Classroom. If you are a new 6th grade family, stay tuned for more information.
Parent & Family Contact Information
Please keep us updated with your contact information whenever it changes. Fill out our virtual blue card if you haven’t yet: https://bitly.com/VSC-bluecard
NYC Schools Account (NYCSA)
Register and sign in to your NYC Schools Account to access information about your student(s), grades, and for applying to high school. You will need your child’s OSIS number (which we have!) and then sign in to access your student’s account.
To sign up, log in, or reset your password, visit: https://mystudent.nyc/
To look up your username, visit: https://idm.nycenet.edu:9443/students/start.formIf you need your account creation code, email/call us for the necessary information.
- More Information from NYC Dept. of Education: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020/welcome-to-the-2020-2021-school-year
- Register for or view past Family and Student Information Session (Open external link)
- Want to continue all-remote learning in the fall? Let us know by completing the Learning Preference(Open external link) survey or EMAIL US
- See the Messages to Families page for updates from Chancellor Carranza
- VSC Covid Response Page: https://vscschool.org/2020/08/04/covid-response-plan/
- Learn more about VSC here: https://vscschool.org/
- Follow us on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vscschool/
Questions and Concerns
Reach out to us or submit a question here and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
For direct questions, contact VSC Parent Coordinator Alanna MacLeod-Bluver at 914-712-8734 or email@example.com.